Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blah.

Yeah, so I know I said I was going to try and update daily, but stuff got busy for a while, and I fell off my routine.  I guess I'll give the scan-side lowdown up front this time, and then ramble about random shit afterwards for a change.

Anal Angel 6 is on the verge of release, look for it tomorrow after final QC.  6.5 and 7 of the same series are at 100% on translation side.  Since we bottlenecked on the editing side of that series, I started working on the next Mei chapter, chapter 11.  Cleans on Mei 11 are at 100%, script is at 50.235978016345897% (half the pages plus one bubble).  Look for that chapter later this week hopefully.  Really hoping we get the editing side moving a bit quicker, it's kind of depressing having scripts pile up without enough people to work on them.

Alright, now that that's out of the way...  My family likes to drink.  A lot.  Saturday night we had a St Patrick's Day party, and as usual my family bought a keg.  It's always interesting to go to these parties, since I'm in that fun age (mid-twenties) where you're an adult, but you don't quite fit into the conversation with the 40-60 year old crowd.  It's always a really cool mix of people, but weird conversation dynamics come up rather frequently.  One gem was a guy (about 60) telling us about how when his son was born, he didn't have him circumcised, and he was worried that he'd be pissed at him when it came up later.  Apparently he wasn't.  I'm not sure what the point of the story was, but I did get to hear a 50ish year old guy make comments about dick cheese.  I also got to hear really odd stories about a road trip that my uncle and his cousin took when they graduated from high school, including the time where they passed through Utah.  This one small town was really friendly, but (found out after the fact) had some issues with too small of a gene pool.  They were invited to stay in someone's home, and they were really congenial hosts - to the point of telling them that they could fuck the hosts' wives, with the stipulation that the women have a sheet over their face.  The thing that struck me as strangest about this was that not only did they make this offer, but it was front-loaded to the point where the rules were already in place...  Anyway, I'm sore as fuck from doing a bunch of yardwork yesterday (my parents had a tree cut down in their yard, I got to go over and chop all the fucking logs up) so I'm out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment